Food. Life. Laughs. Ramblings. Of A Tongue-in-Cheek Mom
Chats on the Farmhouse Porch 147
July 9, 2014
Happy Wednesday, let me jump right in…
1. Do you like cucumbers? Is there a favorite way for you to prepare them?
With weather as hot as this, freshly sliced cucumbers are a welcome side to any meal. I also like them lightly grilled.
2. How good a housekeeper are you?
Not at all. I’m a neat freak and I like a neat house, so why is it that I hate housekeeping so much?
3. Please finish this: To spend a day____________would be amazing!
… on the beach under a huge umbrella with pen and notebook in hand, feeling the sea breeze on my face and listening to the crash of the waves …
4. How do you handle times when you are “down” or “blue”(depressed)?
I try to talk myself out of it, and if that doesn’t work, talking it out with someone sometimes helps. Sometimes just listening in to my kids’ lively chatter helps me snap out of it. A good meal, retail therapy and prayer are other good ways to chase the blues away.
5. Have you started using essential oils, since they have become so popular?
It’s not something I need or find useful, so no 😀 .