Food. Life. Laughs. Ramblings. Of A Tongue-in-Cheek Mom
Chats on the Farmhouse Porch 124
January 21, 2014
1. How many seed catalogs have arrived at you home?
2. Will you be learning to do something new this year?
I don’t have anything specific in mind but who knows? There’s always something to be learned and perfected, even if it’s an everyday thing.
3. How many pairs of boots do you own? (This can include casual, dressy, hiking, farm, riding, snow, or any other kind of boot.)
Sadly none but I intend to change that. Back in summerland, it’s hot all year so wearing boots would look really silly.
4. Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. There are decorations in the stores. Do you have anything planned for Valentine’s Day?
Valentine’s is a sweet idea but it’s gotten too commercialized. You should be telling/showing someone you love them every day, not just on this one day. I don’t set out to celebrate it but if we do decide to do something on a whim, like baking some heart-shaped cookies or something, it might be the perfect excuse to celebrate.
5. Please tell me your favorite breeds of dogs. If you don’t like dogs, tell me something about a favorite animal. (Please. 🙂
I’m going to have to say beagles simply because I think Tyson is the smartest (and most handsome, his father is a beauty contest winner) beagle in town. I’m constantly amazed at how he only needs to watch something once to learn how to do it and then you can count on him figuring out ways to improve on it. So much for some humans who’ve been at the same job forever but still completely clueless, bless them.
Rhodesian Ridgebacks are my other favorite. Their name comes from the beautiful ridge of fur on their backs. They’re as majestic and regal as the lions they are bred to hunt/herd. We had a couple of Ridgebacks and they were so huge and powerful it was more like they had us on a leash when we went out for walks. Ours were over 7 feet tall standing up on their hind legs so you really don’t want to be asking for too many bear hugs 😉 .