Accidental apple tarts 14

Apparently my kids lurve apple pies and I didn’t know it. How could I have missed it? Reason is probably this, of all the times the McD’s free apple pie disappears in a flash, I just assumed it was because it was just there and someone had to eat it. But apparently, it was because they love apple pies. Why didn’t someone say so?!! I always tell my kids, if there’s something you like to eat, tell me and I’ll make it for you.

So I will make apple pies if that’s what my kids love. It’s easy enough. But you know what, I ended up making apple tarts instead :lol: .

appletarts

On the day I was supposed to make apple pies, I came across these super-small, super-cute premade tart shells in the store. It was fate, I tell ya :grin: . So what did I do? Grab a box, of course, they’re too cute. True, I much prefer baking from scratch so I can control the ingredients. But I’m also a sucker for shortcuts and if there’s a premade version that passes my tastebud test, I wouldn’t pass it up. Would you?

The apple filling is merely cutting up a few Granny Smiths, adding sugar to taste and cooking it on medium low till it all comes together. Fill up those pretty little tart shells, shake some cinnamon on top and bake. These came out so good they were all gone even as they were sitting there to cool.

Those darling tart shells are really good, not sweet at all (which I so love) and the fact that they’re so small means they’re a pop a mouthful and they go really, really fast! I ended up going back to get 15 more boxes (of 10 tart shells each) to make a ton more to satiate those raging teen appetites. I also made some pineapple tarts so everyone’s happy :grin: .

pappletarts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

14 thoughts on “Accidental apple tarts

1. Stacey @ This Momma's Ramblings Sep 5,2013 8:45 pm

Those look absolutely yummy! Isn’t it funny when the lil monkey’s won’t tell you of the things that they like to eat…mine do the same thing! Crazy kids! LOL! Thanks so much for sharing on This Momma’s Meandering Mondays! Have an awesome weekend!

2. misssrobin Sep 7,2013 1:02 am

What an awesome mom you are. I make my teens cook for me.

These look and sound super yummy. No wonder you had trouble staying ahead on the orders.

Thanks for sharing. Happy Sharefest. I hope you have a lovely weekend.

3. Nina Sep 7,2013 6:34 am

These pies look scrumptious – your kids are lucky! The season for apples is just around the corner – I need to find a few recipes for some apple delicacies – thank you for inspiration & happy Saturday Sharefest!
    Nina

4. Shauna @ Momma Candy Sep 7,2013 8:16 am

Oh my, those look so good! I’ve never thought about using those premade pie crusts but I should because I don’t do pie crusts. They’re too intimidating!

But one drawback about these being so small – I’d eat way more!

5. Leslie Sep 7,2013 12:45 pm

I love apple pies! I’m saving this recipe. Your blog is great! I’m stopping by from SITS & I’m a new follower through BlogLovin & twitter. Happy Saturday!

6. Rachel Cotterill Sep 7,2013 3:10 pm

They look cute :) And surely it can be no surprise to anyone that apple pie is a loveable kind of dish! :D

7. Honeybee @ Her Weight Loss Diary Sep 9,2013 2:02 am

That looks yummy. My kids would this.

herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com

8. Betty Taylor Sep 11,2013 3:13 pm

That’s a great idea! An easy way to make them quickly.

Stopping by from the Blog Hop. I followed you on the things that I was already following on.

9. Ashley Sep 11,2013 4:38 pm

Okay, I’m not much of a baker, but with these premade shells, I bet Fall baking would be so much fun!!

I’m going to try to your apple pie filling recipe.

*Pinning this*

*Following you on bloglovin*

10. rebecca Sep 12,2013 10:09 pm

Those sound and look yummy. I like the fact they are small and look so simple to use and make things with. Tarts, pies…kids are sure to love this as a treat.
    Thanks for sharing this at The Mom Diaries

11. Pam Sep 13,2013 8:18 am

These are very cute, and sound great. They are a perfect feature for apple party week. You are today’s Dare to Share Feature of the Day. Thanks so much for linking up. Here is the link to your feature. pamspartyandpracticaltips.com/2013/09/mini-apple-tarts-feature-of-day.html