Food. Life. Laughs. Ideas. From A Newly Liberated Mom
Wednesday Hodgepodge 122
April 24, 2013
1. April showers bring May flowers…what have you been showered with this month?
The rain showers are here, literally. The earlier showers have progressed to full-blown torrential downpours. And I haven’t even gotten my rain dance together yet.
2. What is the nature of compassion? Is it learned or innate? Can compassion be learned? If you’re a parent, is this something you’ve purposely sought to instill in your children, and if so, how?
I think for some, compassion comes naturally but that’s not to say it can’t be learned. Compassion is definitely something that as parents, we can foster early in our kids and reinforce by the way we deal with or react to situations that call for compassion.
3. Do you prefer to watch romantic comedy or romantic drama…or are you rolling your eyes saying bring on the action flicks?
Gimme a romantic comedy and an action flick.
4. It’s April which means baseball season is officially upon us here in the US of A. Humphrey Bogart is quoted as saying “A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz.” Agree or Disagree?
Agree, I prefer hot dogs over roast beef. Assembling our version of hotdogs at home… it works too 😀 .
5. What’s something in your community or city that needs fixing or improving?
Where do I begin?
6. Share a song you enjoy that mentions flowers or a specific flower in its title.
Wow, you know what? I can’t think of any.
7. April 22nd is Earth Day…do you believe there’s life on other planets? That wasn’t the question you were expecting, was it?
Interesting question. Yes, I do believe there is life on other planets. They may or may not be or look anything like us but yes, other lifeforms definitely do exist. Our universe isn’t the only one out there so there’s no telling who or what we might bump into if we even had the capability to travel that deep into space.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Been quite the slacker lately but I got off my butt today and put in a great workout. Happy that I did.