Chats on the Farmhouse Porch 83 16

Everyday Ruralty1. Who has the most outgoing personality in your family?
That would be Raine, my college sophomore.

2. How did you name your blog?
I played around with several names before I came up with this one. I happen to be a big fan of Huey Lewis and the News. Watched their videos over and over on MTV when I was in college, and love their song “Hip to be Square”. So now, do you get the picture? :wink: Of course, I’m more square than hip.

3. What’s your favorite topping for ice cream?
I always eat my ice cream on its own. Plain. No topping.

4. Tell me about someone you know who would make a wonderful character for a book. Oops- please.
My cousin has a knack for getting into the weirdest situations. Once she was late getting to the train station. When she got there, the train was just pulling out. She and her husband wasted no time first flinging their luggage, bags and all, over the fence, jumping over and running after the train. The stuff of movies, that’s right. Between the two of them, they’ve gotten themselves into all sorts of mishaps. They’re both lawyers, by the way. Would you hire them? I didn’t think so :lol: .

5. Please tell me up to three questions that you think I should ask on future farmhouse chats.
Wait, putting on my thinking cap…

• How often do you change your hairstyle?
  • What do you do to kill time at the airport when you have a prolonged layover (more than 3-4 hours)?
  • Name 3 things that are permanent residents in your purse or handbag.

I had fun with today’s questions. Thanks, Patrice. I want to thank everyone who comes by to leave a comment, love you guys and hope to see you more often, not just on Tuesdays. I always make it a point to return the favor. If you don’t see a comment back from me, it’s because my comments seem to vanish on certain blogs, especially the ones that require a login to Google, WordPress or some other platform. I have no idea why. If you know how I can get around it, please leave me a comment and let me know. Merci.

16 comments on “Chats on the Farmhouse Porch 83

1. Tami AKA My Kid's Mom Mar 5, 2013 9:42 pm

Good questions! I can never think of things like that.

2. Cathy Kennedy Mar 5, 2013 9:45 pm

Haven’t you heard, “Hip to be Mom” is a contradiction in terms? Or maybe, you don’t have teenagers yet. lol Nah, I’m just teasing with you. Oops, my bad – I see you have a college student at home. Our youngest is a freshman in college. My kiddos always thought I was kind of hip, but I’m certain I was never hip enough to suit them and that’s okay because really are Moms suppose to be hip? Really fun blog name, though – I like it!

For the most part, I prefer my ice cream stand-alone, too. But, for vanilla ice cream I love to top it with chocolate anything! I have a weakness for chocolate. Your cousin’s scenario sounds a bit like our DD#2 who always seemed to find herself in the craziest circumstances. I’m convinced Murphy’s Law was written just for her.

Great to meet you on Patrice’s farmhouse porch!

• Clairity Mar 6, 2013 6:58 am

Nice to meet you too. Yeah, I guess my kids and their friends think I’m kinda hip but I can’t say that about myself :lol: .

3. Jan Mar 6, 2013 1:20 am

Ha, ha I never guessed that about your blog name. It made me laugh because I was a Huey Lewis fan too and my husband and I went to see him in concert many moons ago. I sure had not thought of that in a long time. Raine is such a beautiful name. The questions you suggested for Patrice are good ones. I know what you mean about comments. I do not get tons of those, the most I get are on Tuesdays, and it always makes me happy. You have commented many Tuesdays and I thank you for that. Have a Great Week!

4. Colletta Mar 6, 2013 1:48 am

Everytime I see your blog title, I think of that song!

5. Camille Mar 6, 2013 5:29 am

I can’t believe your cousin and her husband did that! Hahah, I would have loved to see that!!

6. Mamaw's Place Mar 6, 2013 6:25 am

I might not hire your cousins for legal work, but I would definitely read a book they were in. How funny!

7. Beth Mar 6, 2013 7:58 am

i love huey lewis – such great songs … that’s too cute!! ( :

8. patrice Mar 6, 2013 8:04 am

Your cousin sounds so funny. I’d like to see them in action in court. :) Your questions are great. Have a good week!

9. Arlene Mar 6, 2013 8:47 am

Your cousins sound like they’d make a good read! Great questions, I hope Patrice decides to use them.

10. Madonna Mar 6, 2013 9:36 am

I love the story of your blog name. I love that song myself. I try to always visit and comment back myself unless its one of those horrible places with the captcha thing. I always have the worst time seeing what those letters are.