1. In the USA this coming Sunday, millions will be watching as the Baltimore Ravens take on the San Francisco 49′s in the Superbowl. What was the last event you attended that could be described as super?
I don’t watch any sports events on TV. But when I was in college, I did go to a football game to cheer for our team and man, it was an absolute blast. I totally loved doing the Mexican wave .
2. Share something you’re a fan of these days.
I’m a huge fan of Person of Interest and the Big Bang Theory. One has me on the edge of my seat, the other has been ROTFLMAO. Totally love movie nights with my
3. How do you feel about wings? In case anyone is confused, I’m talking the edible appetizer kind. What’s your preferred seasoning on a wing-hot, mild, teryiaki, sweet and sour, other? Do you make your own or is there a favorite place you like to go for wings?
I prefer to whip up my own wings because I like mine super-hot, super-spicy and a little on the sweet side, as opposed to restaurant versions which tend to be sour and not nearly spicy enough.
4. As long as we’re talking sports today…have you followed the Lance Armstrong story? Did you watch his interview with Oprah and if so, what was your reaction to his confession and subsequent remarks?
I can’t say I’m convinced that he was telling the whole truth. There’s something about his demeanor and body language that raises red flags for me. So nope, I’m not buyin’ it, sorry. And the fact that he tried to sue the heck out of everyone around him, that makes him a bully.
5. What’s a question you hate to be asked?
When are you going to buy a new car? As if it’s anyone’s business, right? Apparently it bothers people. a lot. that I’m not changing cars like I’m changing clothes. Is it me or is society getting so materialistic that there’s a constant need to show off – new car, new gadget, even new underwear, all laid out for the world to see! Honestly, does anyone even care? Because I sure don’t!! End of rant.
6. The coaches in this Sunday’s big game happen to be real life brothers. Jim Harbaugh coaches the 49er’s and his older brother John Harbaugh coaches the Baltimore Ravens. Were you and your sibling(s) competitive? In what way? Are you still? If you’re an only child, how did you handle competition growing up?
Growing up, I never really thought much about it. I had my own ideas and opinions and pretty much did my own thing, and nothing actually bothered me much. But with things that I am passionate about, I can get pretty competitive.
7. What’s your favorite game involving a ball and when did you last play?
I was big on racquetball for a number of years. Loved how it kicked my butt.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We made a quick grocery run today and ended up treating ourselves to a double scoop of Baskin Robbins each. A rare indulgence considering the last time we had ice cream was August last year? True story .
Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday.