Is anything ever fair? If it were, there wouldn’t be any unhappy people in the world.
2. Are you a cereal eater? What’s your favorite kind?
Yup, love me a big bowl of mini-wheats with raisins in the middle.
3. A five year old in Pennsylvania was recently given a ten day school suspension for talking with a friend about shooting one another with a Hello Kitty Bubble gun (the gun blows bubbles). She did not have the gun with her at school. A psychological evaluation was also ordered and the incident was recorded on her permanent record. The suspension was later reduced to two days and her parents are suing to have the incident removed from her file. Your thoughts? (If you missed the story, click here for details).
They’re picking on a little kid talking about playing with a bubble gun when there are crazies out there with access to real guns who may do real harm. Brilliant! Where’s the common sense in this?
4. Whatever happened to ____________________?
… manners? You know, simple everyday stuff that some of us take for granted like thank you, excuse me, holding the door open for someone instead of slamming it in their face, not cutting someone off who’s been waiting for that parking spot long before you got there, and it wouldn’t kill anyone to say sorry either. And it wouldn’t hurt to teach the kids some manners too. Just sayin’. 🙄
5. January 23rd is National Handwriting Day, billed as a day to reacquaint yourself with a pen and pencil. Do you like your handwriting? Do you prefer to print or write in cursive? This date was chosen because its the birth date of John Hancock. What’s the last thing you signed your name to?
I love writing in cursive and I have a notebook next to my keyboard that I scribble in from time to time. I’ve been told my handwriting looks like print. The last thing I signed was a form Hip2bDaughter2 brought back from school. It’s sad that handwriting is practically dead because quite frankly, typed text isn’t half as romantic as a handwritten note.
6. Speaking of John Hancock…ever been to Philadelphia? Do you have any desire to visit the city of Brotherly Love?
Nope but I’m game to go. Just send me a ticket.
7. Share something funny you’ve heard a child say.
“Eating Western food at a Chinese restaurant is like going to India to eat dimsum (Chinese dumplings).” – Hip2bDaughter1 in her eternal teen wisdom!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Glad it’s my day off.