Chats on the Farmhouse Porch 71 16

Everyday Ruralty
1. Do you have your tree up yet? If not, when will you put it up? If you don’t have a tree, please tell me about another tradition you like.

Yup, my Christmas tree is up on the header of this blog :wink: . This picture was taken on Main Street in Disneyland, Anaheim two years ago while we were eating ice cream in the freezing cold and rain, waiting for the fireworks to start. Winter awesomeness!

For us, Christmas is not celebrated as a religious event. We just can’t resist chiming in and getting all crazy about this fun and joyful holiday season. Something tells me it has to do with this whole shopping atmosphere :lol: .

2. What was the best job you ever had? The worst?

The best was in corporate computer land surrounded by servers and geeks. The worst was when the new boss came in and all hell broke loose. I’ll spare you the gory details.

3. Do you drive around and look at Christmas lights? If not applicable, tell me something you like to look at when you go for a drive.

Yup, love doing that.

4. Does your tea kettle have a whistle?

Mine is an electric kettle that dutifully turns itself off when it’s done. A tea kettle that whistles at me, wow, he’s gotta be pretty darned hot :wink: .

5. Do you like boots?

Love cold weather and love boots. Always looking for the occasion, read: right kind of weather to wear them. When I see folks strutting around in boots in 90-degree weather, it sets me off on a mental snicker. But yeah, totally watch out for Hip to be Mom in boots, coming to a winter near you :wink: !

Have a great week.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

16 thoughts on “Chats on the Farmhouse Porch 71

1. Deb Dec 4,2012 10:20 pm

Love your answer about the tea kettle….mine does whistle at me…the ONLY whistles I get these days!!! HOPE the rest of your week is great!!!

• Clairity Dec 4,2012 10:25 pm

:lol: Who cares, as long as you and your tea kettle are hot for each other, right? Okay, this is a family-friendly blog, I’d better keep things from turning any shade of grey around here.

2. Visits With Mary Dec 5,2012 1:19 am

One good thing about the bank, when the geeks came in to service our computors I went for a coffee break!! Merry Christmas!

3. Arlene Dec 5,2012 2:48 am

That’s why you never see me in boots – South Florida weather is more conducive to flip flops.

Enjoy the rest of your week.

4. Deb Dec 5,2012 4:38 am

I’ve gotta make a confession here….I have absolutely no idea what the Shades of Grey books are about, except it must be sex. :oops: I must live a very sheltered life!!!

• Clairity Dec 5,2012 8:45 am

Me too :lol: . Heard all the hype but haven’t read the books, not planning to either. Think it’ll all be a waste of time, but that’s just me!

5. Janice Dec 5,2012 6:50 am

LOL at your tea kettle response!! I think boots in the warm weather are tacky as well I like them when the weather is right or at night. pooping in from the porch!!

6. Dreaming Dec 5,2012 8:15 am

New bosses can sometimes lead to disaster… that’s happened to me a few times, too!

7. patrice Dec 5,2012 9:21 am

An electric kettle would be nice to have. I used one at a friend’s house and loved it. Now a whistling one would remind me of construction workers- uh, just saying. Have a good week!

8. Sherri Dec 5,2012 1:09 pm

You tea kettle comment is too funny. Every time mine whistles the Man sings, “I’m sexy & you know it” :lol: Have a blessed week.