I know, I know, everyone’s excited to know what made it on my Hip List this year, right? So here we go…
- I love New Year’s Eve. There’s an air of excitement of a new year and then there are those mixed feelings about wanting to move on yet wanting to hold on.
- My Hip Bakery where my baking crew and I have been turning out fruit cake, blueberry cream cheese muffins, biscotti, chocolate chip cookies, … so much so I even broke my whisk and electric mixer!
- Made our first-ever homemade quesadillas and smoothies and our favorite is the humble homemade banana smoothie – so easy, yummy and healthy. I wonder why I ever paid good money for a restaurant smoothie.
- So excited about my Hip Bakery where I’m now joined by my own baking crew turning out fruit cake, blueberry cream cheese muffins, biscotti, chocolate chip cookies, … so much so I even broke my whisk and electric mixer!
- Sally Hansen’s top coat is the da bomb. It lasts and lasts and no matter what I do, there’s no chipping my nails.
- Some major distractions that rocked the Hip household included Raine starting college and learning to drive, Skye sitting for a major school exam, and me going back to work part time.
- So proud we’ve been eating and drinking a lot healthier this year with huge cutbacks on fast food and soda. So take that, Mac and Carl!
- I’m still totally freaked out about getting this gift from a totally unexpected person, ya, I know!
- And we made our first big O without even lifting a finger!
- Best movie goes to Mission Impossible, Ghost Protocol. I don’t know how you did it, Tom, playing spider at that height on a windy day like that, but good job!
So there it is. Now on to 2012 from the Hip family to yours with warm wishes of love, happiness and good health. Eat, drink (not if you’re driving), spare a thought for the less fortunate and be merry and safe! Happy New Year, everyone!!
And now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to whip up my homemade lasagne (by popular demand) and roasted potato wedges for our little New Year’s Eve nom-nom get-together!