The weekend that began Thursday 8

Okay, so we’re smack in the middle of a long weekend which officially started at noon on Thursday for us. Raine is into her first week of summer school and she has sneakily planned her schedule so she has no classes on Friday. Pure genius! Skye too is starting her 2-week school break. Clearly music to my ears!

The thing about city living is that there really isn’t much to do, not in our city anyways, except to hang out at the mall or drive out in search of food. I’m a pretty uninspired food chaser. I love good food but if I have to chase it down, nah!

Summer school is on for Raine so no vacation for us. Which is good too because we’re saving our pennies, not to buy gold chains but for our next trip to Cali to see Steev. I’m guessing we might be up for another round of Disneyland.

So staycation it is. I guess there’s no escaping paradise!

Luckily we have a few things to celebrate this weekend. Raine scored a 4.0 in her first semester in college. Remember I told you how she would suddenly jump up an hour before class and declare she’d forgotten she had a test or a midterm that day. Yes, that would be my girl :roll: !

We’re also celebrating the fact that Raine and I have dropped a whole jeans size (and then some) from working out and eating healthier. We’re having to wear belts to hold up our jeans and that’s something to get excited about.

What are your plans for this Memorial Day weekend?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

8 thoughts on “The weekend that began Thursday

1. OneMommy May 29,2011 2:46 am

Stopping by from BloggyMoms – We have no real plans for the weekend, although I did just cut grass (oh the joys!)

2. Marlee May 29,2011 7:02 am

I’m hoping the weather will be nice enough so I can run my ice cream truck around the neighborhood. If it’s not nice though, it’s back to nightshifts at the hospital so I’ll be hoping for sun!

Found you at the weekend blog hop and am glad I did, am a happy new follower :).

marleeindebt.blogspot.com

3. Blinka.li May 29,2011 8:37 am

Planning for a pot luck w friends and planning a short trip ( don’t know where still) with the boys!! :)

4. alissabeth May 29,2011 11:58 am

Following from the Sunday hop!

faithfamilyfrugality.com

5. Inessa May 29,2011 11:45 pm

Hi there! Visiting from the FNF bloghop. Awesome blog! I am a new follower ;) Please stop by Diaper Style Memoirs and follow back :) Check out and enter the amazing Honeycup giveaway while you’re there!

Inessa
    diaperstylememoirs.com

6. HillyG May 30,2011 3:31 am

Is it bad that I have no plans for the holiday? Work, work, and more writing work??

Thanks for following me on Twitter and at thenewglasers.com! I’m 10000% positive your daughter will continue her awesome streak in college. And congrats on dropping a size- that’s AMAZING! :-)

Happy Memorial Day Weekend! -Hillary

7. Debbie McCormick May 30,2011 3:47 am

Your daughter sounds like mine. She is in her fourth year of college and she also worked her classes to fit “her”. I’m joining your blog today from Planet Weidknecht blog hop. Have a good “staycation” – we have had those for the past several years! haha.

8. Sarah May 30,2011 4:34 am

Hi! I’m a new follower from the bloghop! As a current 4.0 college student! YAY! That’s awesome for her!! Something both of you should be proud of!!

Come stop by!