Oh, so easy, healthy and yummy 7

Our meals are fairly simple and they’re usually the things my picky eaters love. They each have different tastes so I’m used to cooking 2 or 3 different dishes for one single meal.

Like 3 different types of pasta – mac and cheese for Steev and tuna pasta for the girls (Steev doesn’t like fish), or spaghetti olio for Steev and for the girls, spaghetti with red sauce (Skye doesn’t like olio) or salmon linguine (Raine’s favorite).

An all-in-one dish we can all agree on is this.

I don’t like dallying in the kitchen too much especially on gym days when I’m tired and sweaty. So that means quickies for me (stick with me here, don’t let your mind wander too far away :wink: ). Very simple.

Marinate the chicken with your favorite rub and set aside for a couple of hours. Here I’m using a Cajun rub on chicken thighs.

Stick your hand in the fridge and pull out whatever root vegetables you can get a hold of. That’s what I’m infamous for :lol: . Chunk ‘em, drizzle on some olive oil and sprinkle on salt, pepper and your favorite herbs.

I have this really bad habit of tossing everything into one big pan. So here are my root veggies and chicken, side by side, very friendly-like, roasting away together till beep beep! and it’s time to eat.

Roast chicken with potatoes, carrots, celery and baby corn. That’s our easy, healthy, yummy family staple. What’s yours?

7 comments on “Oh, so easy, healthy and yummy

1. Lala Apr 1, 2011 2:42 am

Sounds good to me!!! I’ll have to try this recipe soon. Thank ;-)

2. ThaiHos Apr 1, 2011 3:18 am

Tilapia. YOu can coat it with anything. Takes 5 minutes in a pan. I love your recipe though. I love roasted chicken and veggies. You must be some awesome woman to make so many different meals. I am like, what you see is what you’ll eat.

3. jennifer n Apr 1, 2011 7:49 am

this looks GOOD
    hungry now

4. Yankee Texan Apr 1, 2011 12:44 pm

Thanks for stopping by and here I am :) Our family staple is pasta and red sauce with meatballs or sausage. I have the whole family addicted.

5. clavs Apr 1, 2011 5:33 pm

Happy Blog Hop Friday! I am your newest follower.
    clavsupclose.blogspot.com

6. Krafty Max Originals Apr 1, 2011 6:34 pm

I couldn’t find the post about the Blog Hop, so I am leaving my note here….

BLOG HOPping around – I am now a follower of your blog, wont you also follow me?? ~KM
    kraftymax.blogspot.com/2011/04/boost-my-blog-friday.html

7. Tricia at Mom is the Only Girl Apr 2, 2011 3:04 am

Now I’m hungry! We always turn to pasta with homemade sauce and meatballs (which have been in the freezer)! Just hopping by!