Food. Life. Laughs. Ideas. From A Newly Liberated Mom
how not to lose your kids when you’re out
July 26, 2009
When my kids were younger, I couldn’t do much serious shopping when I was out with them. I had to watch them like hawks, well, pretty much. I’ve seen first-hand how parents lost their kids in the crowd and that desperate look on their faces is enough to scare the daylights out of anyone.
Sometimes we tend to get carried away with looking at stuff and we leave the kids in their strollers, or the toddlers to wander off on their own. There are a few things you can do though to avoid losing your kids.
(1) Always keep your kids in sight.
(2) Hold your child by the hand to keep them with you all the time.
(3) Have your wandering toddler on a leash.
(4) If you’re out with more than one kid, do a regular headcount to ensure everyone’s accounted for before moving on. Better yet, put an older sibling in charge of headcounts.
(5) Do a show and tell of an agreed location so your kids know where to go in case you get separated.